Thursday, April 5, 2018

Feeling Blue

I want to use words like cerulian
Because I feel fancy when I do
But you and I both know
That what I really mean is blue
This is poetry for me
Finding clever in mundane
So I'll share my favorite place
By way of favorite things
TARDIS teapot and string of
Lights in the hall
My favorite shirt with little
Straps and a bouncy flow and
Flowers as colorful as the place
I am dreaming of today
The necklace my husband
Bought because he knows my
Favorite stone is turquoise
A drink with Hawai'i in
Its name. And reliably blue.
The active light on my
Chargers I'll take
When next we go
Seems like never
Living in between
But 8 years is not never
It is finite, so there is hope
The day will come again
I see the beautiful blue
Of sky and sea as if
I were still there
Maybe we never left
In an alternate universe, we live
Out our days among
Sticky breezes and sparkling sands
For now, these blues -- street
signs, his shirt, my debit
cards -- remind me where I am
~ Amber Keating

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and providing feedback. Have a great day!

Ode to SCI

My eyes settle on boundless green Sunlight dancing on clouds A place to rest These heavy bones Cheers and laughter Bubbling all aroun...