Wednesday, March 14, 2018

A Protest Song

Sirens in the night
A warning
Or singing me to death
Rubbing sleepdust from weary eyes
Limitless no longer
Chained back to this body
Would that I could tie myself to the
mast of this sleeping ship
Avoid the bucking bull sea
And rubbled shore
Instead of dizzy dry heaving
In clumsy corporeal form
Drift again on untroubled waters
Warm and soft and safe
Free to travel among the infinite
Oh, but the song leaves me rabid!
Greedy belly, blunted thoughts
Bitter trumpet call cutting through
Endless void of galactic spacetime
Here
Am I
Ready for another day

©Amber Keating, 03.14.18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and providing feedback. Have a great day!

Ode to SCI

My eyes settle on boundless green Sunlight dancing on clouds A place to rest These heavy bones Cheers and laughter Bubbling all aroun...