Sunday, March 11, 2018

Daydreams and Desire

The desire to nap is strong today. I want to lie still.
Float on gusts of glorious brisk air
Like the emerald balloon bopping out of nowhere
In front of my car

A vivid reminder of joyful surprises
As I was being dragged to work
It danced a jig in the middle of the street
Bouncing playfully among us, cars hustling by

My mind wants to float and dance
A bit of air carved out of the whole
Held apart by only this veil of
Rogue elastic atoms

So that it can twirl and spin its own daydream
It can know what it's like for a moment
To be unique
In a sea of sameness

~ Amber Keating // 03.08.18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and providing feedback. Have a great day!

Ode to SCI

My eyes settle on boundless green Sunlight dancing on clouds A place to rest These heavy bones Cheers and laughter Bubbling all aroun...