Sunday, March 11, 2018

Melancholy

Maybe I'll write about that friend
I ran a marathon for
Though she was a shit friend
Months of pounding pavement
From dust to mud to glaring sun
And slogging through waist-high water
It's gettin' hot out here let's take off all our clothes
Salty air salty jokes belly laughs by the sea
New friends made because of her
But she was a shit friend and I
Stopped seeking love from shit
So many losses driving this cheerless day
Always looking for why but sadness simply IS
Blanket soggy with tears S-L-O-W-I-N-G
Lowing in pitchy night I wonder at grief
It's hard to lie still and feel
When roaming marathons in the mind
Leave no stone of detail unturned
Each trial now bears a gleaming polish
From decades of churning
Round and round and round we go
Then in creeps pearly fog to remind
Frozen talons hooking ankles, wrists
Colors flat body static no more sprinting
Even racing thoughts can't get it up
No. No. No. Just. No. Be still. Go slow.
Melancholy my intermission

~ Amber Keating, 03.10.18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and providing feedback. Have a great day!

Ode to SCI

My eyes settle on boundless green Sunlight dancing on clouds A place to rest These heavy bones Cheers and laughter Bubbling all aroun...