Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Trolls

The prompt for this was to write about a person/group/quality you feel  prejudiced towards. Interesting how in exploring my prejudice, I find empathy for the people who I experience as judging me. It's uncomfortable to look at myself that deeply, so that empathy isn't exactly reflected in this poem. Anyhow here it is, my prejudice.
~~~~~
Trolls

I don't even know you
Pretty sure I don't want to
The way you argue without
Truly seeing me
I should know better than
To read any comments
But I don't know
Better I scroll and once
Again I'm drawn in
Smoke precedes your
Burning fury
I am the moth
Who cannot resist
Tempted by the promise
Of light then routinely
Rejected    angry    ashamed
How can you function
In that vitriol
How has your burning heart
Not consumed
You fancy yourself a servant
Of some holy master and mission
Emerging unscathed
From an overlord's fiery pit
That halo shines bright in your mind
But in mine it's tarnished
A fire of your own design
Destroying everyone in your wake
©Amber Keating, 04.24.18

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading and providing feedback. Have a great day!

Ode to SCI

My eyes settle on boundless green Sunlight dancing on clouds A place to rest These heavy bones Cheers and laughter Bubbling all aroun...